1) Rubble bucket challenge – Water in Gaza is scarce rubble isnt! You can also use soil! Andy Slaughter MP has done it and donated to Disaster Emergency Committee . Email it to http://savegazaproject.org/
2) Sign petitions
Call on the Co-operative Pharmacy to stop selling Teva pharmaceutical products, for which Israel – after destroying the Palestinian pharmaceutical industry – charges the Palestinian people such high prices for simple generic medicines that they cannot afford to buy them. The same TEVA that is also making “a killing” from the NHS.
Dear Secretary General/MP
We also urge you to speak out against the use of explosive weapons in populated areas, now and in the future.These weapons have brought devastating consequences for children and their use in populated areas must be stopped. As part of a lasting solution, we urge you to seek the lifting of the blockade of Gaza, which is causing severe hardship to everyone in Gaza.
3) Boycott, Divestment and sanctions-this was fundamental in helping to end apartheid in South Africa
Fillup a shopping basket with Israeli goods and leave it at a corner of the store/with without a note.
Buy Israeli goods and then return them stating the reason why – i.e cannot be guaranteed the goods havent been in whole or part produced from illegal settlements.
Brighton city council will debate a motion to discuss whether to adopt BDS motion for brighton which would band Israeli goods. Encourage your council to do the same.
Barclays – 8th biggest investor in Israeli weapons company Elbit and companies making Cluster bombs, illegal under international law which Israel used during the last days of the 2006 war with Lebanon. Consider withdrawing your account but make sure they know the reason why.
Dont buy goods from illegal Israeli settlements such as fruit or veg, or anything by Strauss company, and ask your supermarket if they stock alternatives. The co-op passed a landmark decision NOT to stock Israeli settlement goods.
Hewlett Packard runs all of Israels weapons logistics, providing all the equipment needed to committ war crimes.
Ahava and Sodastream operate from illegal settlements, John Lewis has recently agreed to stop stocking Sodastream goods.
DeltaGalli and Agrexocarmel operate from illegal settlements and produce textiles and flowers that are sold on high Street shops such as M&S. Not buying is a start but questioning the Manager and asking what they will do about it is far more effective.
4) Write to the International Criminal Court to urge them to prosecute for crimes against humanity and not to bow to pressure from anyone not to investigate. #ICC4Israel Also support the Russell Tribunal http://www.russelltribunalonpalestine.com/en/
5) Write to your MP or other government representatives calling for an arms embargo on Israel and sanctions (just have to type in postcode).
or Phillip Hammond foreign secretary, demanding an arms embargo and sanctions e:firstname.lastname@example.org
6) Dont buy blood diamonds
Global Palestine Solidarity has launched a petition urging the Kimberley Process to widen its definition of conflict diamonds. “Diamond industry funds Israel’s war machine with some US $1 billion yearly.” http://electronicintifada.net/content/israels-blood-diamonds/8754
7) Demonstrate –
8) Share news on social media and follow up to date news of actions:
Ben White https://twitter.com/benabyad
9) Support medical charities such as MAP, MSF, IMET 2000, Interpal , Hoping foundation (Bella Freud)
10) Write to the BBC about why their reporting fails to mention the following :
Gaza has no army, air force, or navy, while Israel possess one of the strongest militaries in the world.
Why they portray the occupier as the victim, and the occupied as the aggressor, we its not stated that resistance to occupation is a right under international law. And to point out that Israel’s occupation, siege and collective punishment of Gaza is not.
11) Join campaign organisations working to end the suffering: Jews for Justice, Jewish voice for peace, International Jewish ani-zionist network, stop the war coalition, CND campaign for nuclear disarmament, Palestine solidarity campaign
12) Clue yourself up (see books and videos section)
13) Go there and see for yourself.